Monday, January 4, 2010

Twelve days of Steam-mas

We'll have a proper Christmas post here as soon as I get all the pictures sorted out and find a way to make it interesting.

In the mean time, today marked the end of what I am now calling the Twelve days of "Steam-mas"

Steam is a program that lets you buy and download computer games without having to worry about CDs or registration keys or updates or anything like that. The nice thing about Steam is that most the games are about $5-$15 cheaper than they would be in the store, and you can put them on just about any computer anywhere.

During the Holidays, Steam offers some amazing deals on games. The worst deals for Steam games are about 25% off, and the best are about 80% off. To commemorate the great deals I got, I wrote a jingle, sung to the "Twelve days of Christmas"

It goes like this:

On the first day of Steam-deals, Valve Inc gave to me:
A really awesome RPG

On the second day of Steam-deals, Valve Inc gave to me:
Teee--am Fortress 2
And a really awesome RPG

(since you know the tune, I'll just write the new stuff now)
Three expansion packs
Ci-vil-i-za-tion 4
Criiiiii-sis Warhammer!
Tom Clancy's Rain-bow six
Ransom of Seven Ships
Section 8 by Timegate
9th Company
Garry's mod (version 10)
Eleven Indie fan-hits
Twelve games under Twelve bucks


That was for the one gamer who reads this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Dani and I decided that our Christmas was very stereo-typical, and wouldn't make for very interesting reading--so there won't be an official Christmas blog post. Suffice it to say we had a good time, and enjoyed AZ and the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....