Monday, January 12, 2009

Fiskars Pinking Shears

So I went to JoAnns today to pick up a pair of Pinking Shears because they were on sale. After a sort mix-up I picked out a pair, paid for them and took them home. As I was about to rip them open I decided to first read the Lifetime Warranty on the back. After I read it I noticed in small print a "WARNING" note at the bottom. This is what it said: "Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer birth defects and/or reproductive harm."

We KNOW this and yet we just put it in small print down at the bottom. With all the stink about lead and the new law they just passed you'd think they would throw a stink about this too, I mean it does affect children and women! I'm going to return these and write a few people...



Oh and that new law, I know so many women who are now closing their at home bow shop, Etsy or Website because although they do not use paint or plastic, all products intended for children must be tested. You have to pay for the testing and although these women do make a profit they can't afford to have everything they make tested, I think its a load. I mean yes we need to test, but I think they are targeting too many people, too many of the wrong people. I'm going to read up on it more because this effects what I'm doing too. Anyone know more or something I might be missing please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. That California warning has been around for a few years. Strings of Christmas lights have that same warning- pregnant women and small children shouldn't be handling them.

    Unfortunately, I found that out AFTER the holidays when I was pregnant last year, but we were careful this year to keep them out of Margaret's reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Although this law has been passed I don't believe they have decided what the language means. I wrote to my congressman about this and he replied and said they have not decided what the law means and they don't plan on deciding about it in the forseeable future. In other words, they won't be enforcing this for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....