Monday, May 3, 2010

Internet, Dani, and LAN

Dani wants to apologize to everyone. She has been without internet access for about two weeks now. In her own words, "This is the longest I've been without internet since I first had internet access, ya know, the sixth grade."

She will get caught up with everyone as soon as it is installed.

I am particularly perturbed by our lack of internet access myself, since this new house is wired with cat5E cables already! I was told it would take a day or two, last week, and they're just sending a technician out today. I would've fixed it myself by now--but I can't find the fiber optic gateway at my house.

Their tardiness led to extreme embarrassment and inconvenience for me. I had a LAN party (computer gaming party) on Friday night, and it was very embarrassing to tell the people coming that there wasn't any internet access. It led to multiple problems--but we had a fun time anyway.

So, veracity networks customer service continues to disappoint me--as it always has. If it weren't for the fact that they provide internet speeds up to 20x faster than what comcast is capable of doing (on a good day), I wouldn't mess with them at all.

Dani should be online today or tomorrow, and she'll get caught up with all of you then. To those who want pictures of our new house--we really can't provide them yet, as much of it is still torn apart with a bunch of boxes sitting in random places. We probably won't want to sport pictures of this place for another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....