Monday, October 13, 2008

N's First Birthday Party


We decided we could not, not have a first birthday party for N and feel good about ourselves, so we invited the neighbors, an old roommate of mine and her husband and little boy Thomas, Lydia and her husband Adam with their little boy, R, who has a crush on N, a co-worker of Todd's with his wife and of course the McNabb's. How could we have a birthday party and not have the little McNabb, N's BFF. When it came to cake time, we put N in her buster seat and lit her birthday candle.

I blew it out for her and pathetically it took me two breaths to extinguish that little flame, I hang my head in shame. But after the song, no more candle N didn't know what to do! So I took her right hand and plopped it onto the cake. Okay......Then I plopped her left hand onto the cake. She seemed to be getting the picture then. She didn't demolish it like how I had pictured it in my head. But stabbed it a few times with a spoon and disfigured about a 1/4 of the cake. Here's a clip of her after she "dug" into it and she seems to be enjoying it. (Notice the table is finished!)

After Cake we opened gifts, well I opened them for her and she played with the boxes. She enjoyed having her little friends with her to celebrate her birthday. Our apartment was at full capacity! (Not that that is difficult to do) But we had a lot of fun. Her are some pictures of N and her guests.
N and T
Say "hello!"
and Alice :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Happy birthday beautiful girl!! I can't believe she is a year already. That means Sohpie only has 3 more months til she's a year! It went way too fast. So, I'm "tagging" you. Hopefully you haven't already done it. Look at my blog for rules and such. It's kinda fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....