Monday, October 13, 2008

Shout out for Todd :)

When Todd and I were moving from our first apartment to the one we are in now we needed a kitchen table. We were watching for bargains, visiting D.I. often but still hadn't found anything to our liking. Then we visited a second hand store that use to be where Cherry Lane Keepsakes is now. There was a kitchen table with a leaf and 3 chairs. It was beat up and needed some major love and Todd wanted to be the one to give it to it. I wanted a complete table set....but after talking it over I let him go with the purchase. He sanded the table down and then school started and so did the snow. It stayed hidden under a table cloth for months! Now this last summer, Todd unveiled it, re-sanded it and we started to stain. 4 coats later and dealing with bubbling from the heat, we felt satisfied with the coloring. Time for the finish. Here's a PLUG for spray can Polyurethane - it's amazing, so easy to use, self leveling and quick to dry. I sprayed and sprayed to make sure there was a hearty level on it to protect it from ourselves and N. It dried, Todd assembled and now it's finished! (for the most part, we forgot bout the leaf in the closet :( But when we can and have the room and hopefully a protected place to work on it will match it to the table). We're very happy with how it turned out being our first refinishing project. And we are considering it again in the future. Isn't it pretty :)It's even better in person.

So this is a shout out to a wonderful hubby who convinced me to buy a table that turned out to be a great project and who spent hours sanding it and helping me to finish it on a deadline. We finished it Friday night, we needed it for N's first birthday the following day! Crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! The more I read and talk to people, buying old and cheap stuff that's quality and re-doing it yourself is always the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my schedule is very free and flexable so just give a call whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog- now I can blog stalk you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is gorgeous!!! I posted the book list and will continue to add as books come to mind:i haven't read hungersgame but i want too. I just need to finda copyof itsomewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....