Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The three "do nots" of Dani's pregnancy

Dani isn't one to complain--so I'll complain for her.

Pregnancy is hard. There's no way around that. Some women get too hot, or too cold. Some can hardly hold anything down, and others feel like the only viable solution to their problems is to let out frequent exasperated moans.

Dani is getting to the end of her second pregnancy, and like a good little scientist, I've tried finding correlations between the two samples that I have. Here I am to give my official report on my findings: I call them the three "don'ts" of Dani's pregnancy, and they each correspond with a trimester.

Don't 1: Eat
First trimester, Dani doesn't want to eat much of anything--particularly in the morning. She nauseous, and out of sorts in regards to digestion--so she usually passes on breakfast.

Don't 2: Stay Conscious
By the second trimester, Dani gets the happy-nappy's 24/7. The only thing she really wants to do is nap. She'll sleep anywhere from 11 to 14 hours a day during this time.

Don't 3: Move
6 months in: simple rotational motion has become less than simple, waddling is a fact of life, and if she's down, she'll stay down. I help keep her mobile as best I can, but when you have a nearly-full-grown newborn strapped onto your front, balance and agility are severely compromised.

So, there you go dear--I've complained about some of the difficulties of your pregnancy so you don't have to: just trying to be thoughtful :D.

2 comments:

  1. What a good husband! I can relate. I just got to the napping stage and I'm so glad my husband doesn't try to wake me up. It makes for long boring nights for him sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's so cute! Dani--you seem to handle pregnancy well. Luckily I'm not short and asthmatic like my mom, so I shouldn't be on bed-rest like her. I will definitely be calling you for pointers. You are such an awesome mom! Nicholette is proof!

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....