Tuesday, September 15, 2009

V's Baby Quilt

note: We haven't settled on the spelling of V's name yet. We've decided to wait till she shows up and see what she looks like. How either way is suppose to look, no idea..

After a few different designs, 4 trips to Jo-Anns and almost a 5th, LOTS of seam ripping, re-cutting, needle positions creating different measurements, having Todd help me redo math and re-cut squares and triangles and messing up
the binding but making it work,
I finished V's blanket today. 100% complete!
I'm loving it too!
I was going for a shabby-chic-rose-garden. What do you think?

Here it is.

It's 49" x 49"
Up close
Back
Up close front and back
N's been "breaking it in" for V even before it was finished.

6 comments:

  1. This Quilt took about 10 days from when I started cutting fabric to the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks pretty darn amazing! My hat goes off to you dani. You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo cute!!! I know what you mean now by measuring and cutting....today in class I spent an hour fixing my measuring and cutting mistakes. It was so tedious! That is amazing, I really love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spell her name Vivian, you don't want to make it so people don't know how to pronounce her name...it is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute Danni! I love it, you have so many talents. Someday I would love it if you would teach me how to make a quilt like that. Let's face it I should start learning, my last name is Quilter, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job! I vote for Vivian with no "E" too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....