Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby's coming

Well, we've made it 7 months without knowing what this kid will be.  At this point, I just want it to be a surprise.  Hundreds of generations have done it that way, guess I'll get some insight into their lives.

Dani is much more spry with this pregnancy than the previous ones.  She's getting some pains she's never had before in her lower abdomen.  The doctor says those will get worse with every pregnancy.


I posted my resume online, and my phone has been ringing off the hook with job offers.  Okay, not quite that intense, but I do get 2-3 calls a week asking me to interview.  I've had two companies agree to let me telecommute (they're both based in California). 

Probably the most note-worthy position someone called me about was a senior engineer position regarding embedded linux on medical devices for GE.  It would've paid about double my last job--but I'd have to commute up to Murray every day, and I'd likely be pulling 60-80 hour weeks all the time.  I wouldn't be able to finish my degree. . .but that's probably a moot point now.

Of all the jobs available that I've given my resume to, the one I want the most is a performance engineer for a non-profit.  It's only two steps off of what I was doing--so I could pick it up quickly.  Also, I believe it is in the same building--just one floor below it. Technically, that'd mean a shorter commute.  I also hear that they have very good benefits.

I don't care where I work or what I do, so long as I can provide a home for my family.  That's my real concern.  If everything else fails--that is the one thing that I won't let happen.  I'd work double-shifts at McDonalds if I needed to--fortunately most people can see that I have a slightly higher-level skill set than that.

Now if only I could figure out this whole "parenting" skill.

1 comment:

  1. I did not want Todd to take the job with GE. I like having him home with us then the money. i love my hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....