Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's a baby (part 7)

Dani gets to have this baby through Dr. Judd.  He delivered V--and had Dani laughing during the delivery.  I'm very happy at that news.  Also, we'll get to have this kid at a much nicer hospital.  Great news on every front.

I'm still worried about V and this new kid.  V's largely over the "not the mamma" stages, but still greatly prefers her mom over anyone else.  Dani still picks her up whenever she comes bouncing towards her.  I'm hoping that doesn't cause problems as Dani gets more pregnant.

The other cool news is all my older siblings have already announced they're done having kids--so in typical fifth-kid fashion, I'm getting a ton of hand-me-downs.  In this case, it's for my kids from all my nephews.   If this is a boy, then we're taken care of :)

My biggest concern is if this kid gets into sports.  I'm not very athletic, and don't have much interest in sports at all.  I can just see a little boy finding a soccer ball and falling in love with kicking it.  I suppose I should start gearing myself up for that--N could take an interest in it at anytime.

I want to talk a little more about faith.  There's a lot of our life that is dependent on faith.  To me, you need faith to simply live from day to day.  You believe that the sun will rise tomorrow.  You believe that there will be food to eat, water to drink, and air to breathe.  You've believed these things for so long that you no longer need to think about them, and it's not difficult to expect that they'll happen.

Well, life is much more enjoyable if you don't expect these little miracles to happen--it's best to keep them as acts of faith.  The times when we typically talk about faith is when it's hard to act on it.

Getting married is a huge act of faith.  You believe your spouse is who they say they are.  You believe that they feel the same way about you that you do about them.  You believe that your marriage will be successful.  To me, the fact that any two people ever get married is a miracle.  There are so many differences in backgrounds and beliefs that putting two people together to spend every spare moment together would be an impossible feat without having God involved.  It's hard to act on that belief, because ending a marriage is a devastating process.

Well, this little kid will be an equally large step of faith--and not having a job while expecting this kid just means a little more faith is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....