Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's a baby (part 4)

(Now we're into Feb-Mar)

Dani is doing much better. We got her into the doctor, and she's feeling much better. She isn't as sick, and we've found some effective things to keep the baby blues away. I got her an elliptical, since I know the low-impact workouts are acceptable at any stage of a pregnancy.
In all honesty, I've been using it more than her. I call it my "nerdic trek" work out--since I'm using a Nordic Track machine, and I watch old Star Trek episodes while doing it. It's a good metric for me, since those shows are always within the cardio workout range.
I hope Dani picks it up again soon, since I know the endorphins and exercise will help her feel better about life in general.

In other news: It's a. . .TBA! (To be announced) We had an ultrasound for the baby, and the darn kid was straddling the umbilical chord so tightly the doc couldn't get a clear look. He thinks it's a boy though, so I'm gonna start referring to the baby as a he, or maybe even as Xavier, as that's the name we've got picked out for this kid.

Also, I don't know why, but I talked with Dani about it. We both feel like something bad is going to happen. We arrived at this through prayer, but the impression is very distinct and surprisingly clear. Something bad is going to happen to us, but it'll be a blessing in disguise. That's all we got.

I'm just praying this kid will be healthy, and happy. I really hope he doesn't have downs syndrome or something like that. I'm just gonna trust the impression that it's a blessing in disguise--whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....