Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's a baby (part 3)

(This is written as if it were about January)
I'm having a difficult time at my current job. I'll just leave it at that. There are a number of things I could say about it--but none of it would help. We had a town-hall meeting where they told us they were planning on reorganizing the company. They mentioned my team specifically as being better integrated into the corporate body--so I'm not too worried. I just remember all the stuff my dad went through growing up. Company reorganizations in the software world are bad news for everyone.

I've also decided to not go back to school this semester--I figure I'll give it a go spring or summer term. I've also decided to change my major to applied physics--as a capstone project seems favorable to an un-paid 20-hour-a-week for two years research position.

I figure, with a new child on the way, I've got enough on my plate. Granted, I know things will get more hecktic with kid 3. Kid three has been the stopping point for all my siblings. My dad said it's because you switch from man-to-man into zone defense. I guess I'll see what he means soon enough.

Being a supportive husband and father is a challenge. I want to help my family, but sometimes I think the best thing to do is not help. Let my children learn about it--let my wife work on it. I'm more worried about Dani this pregnancy than the previous two. The reason being that Dani gets the "baby blues."

With N, we had the excitement of a new child and becoming parents to mask it. With V, it became a bit of a problem but she quickly bounced back. She seems to be getting them a bit worse this time around. I worry that I won't be able to be positive enough around her, or encourage her enough. I want her to be happy, but I don't know what to do about that.



1 comment:

  1. Have her call me, us pregnant ladies could hang out and go shopping. I'd love to see her, tell your family hi from my family.

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....