Friday, March 13, 2009

My sweetie

Dani's grandpa had a stoke a little while ago. He's still in the hospital as of this writting. Mom (my wife's mom) went up to Portland right away to help get his affairs in order, but quickly realized that it was beyond her capacity to do. Dani really felt like she needed to go up and help, so yesterday I put her and my little girl on a plane to Portland.

That's only half the story, though. My wife and I haven't been apart since we were married. I had a hard time with the whole ordeal. I stood on a balcony as she went through security after we said good bye and tried not to cry. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she is to me. Every little move she makes just causes me to be that much more enchanted with her. She's only been gone for 24 hours, and I'm already an emotional wreck.

When she moved beyond view, I went to the car, and just looking in the rear view mirror and not seeing a carseat made me cry. When I put myself together, I drove home and went to school.

In an effort to help comfort me, my good buddy Kyle offered to play Warcraft with me--a favored pastime of mine. It was helpful, but I still miss my sweetie.

She doesn't get any cell phone reception where she's staying, but I got to talk to her this morning. When she told me she had the flu, it just broke my heart. She wasn't well, and there was nothing I could do but pray for her. I called her a little bit ago, and she was doing much better.

I don't know if I can make it all the way to Monday without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....