As many people might know, I am a Linux enthusiast. I believe that Linux is the only OS worth using--personally.
However, I'm also a student, and to force myself to study--I have begun to use the campus library resources heavily. Unfortunately, they only provide windows machines.
Consequently, I go a little more insane every time I have to use a computer at school. Like this morning, I wanted to take a brief break from studying and read up on some news. While windows is adequate to do this--it has its limits. Even a task like basic web-browsing is so difficult. Lemme explain in this nice HTML list:
- I don't have multiple desktops.
- I don't have three different browsers to use
- I can't install any software when using a network
- I can't get any kind of plugins or addons for my browser
- I have to use my mouse to do anything
- I don't have a universal search
- I have no development environment
- I can't make it look any different
When I'm at home, and I have full access to windows, I can make it tolerable after hours of fighting--but we could never be friends.