Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tied hands


As many people might know, I am a Linux enthusiast. I believe that Linux is the only OS worth using--personally.

However, I'm also a student, and to force myself to study--I have begun to use the campus library resources heavily. Unfortunately, they only provide windows machines.

Consequently, I go a little more insane every time I have to use a computer at school. Like this morning, I wanted to take a brief break from studying and read up on some news. While windows is adequate to do this--it has its limits. Even a task like basic web-browsing is so difficult. Lemme explain in this nice HTML list:

  • I don't have multiple desktops.

  • I don't have three different browsers to use

  • I can't install any software when using a network

  • I can't get any kind of plugins or addons for my browser

  • I have to use my mouse to do anything

  • I don't have a universal search

  • I have no development environment

  • I can't make it look any different



When I'm at home, and I have full access to windows, I can make it tolerable after hours of fighting--but we could never be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....