Saturday, March 28, 2009

That's what was said

We were watching Twilight this afternoon and when it came to the scene where Bella is in the hospital with her mom and she's talking about how Bella can move to Florida with her,
Todd in a deeply sincere, saddened tone said, "That would be so hard."
Then looks at me, his expression immediately changes and he looks away quickly.
"What? Tell me." I say.
"Never mind." whispers Todd as he tucks his tail between his legs.
"Come on, tell me." I ask again
"To have divorced parents..."

I couldn't help it. I busted up laughing.
I come from a divorced family. My dad's been married 4 times!
Now don't get me wrong, divorce is ugly and too many people use it as an excuse for immaturity and selfishness.
But as serious as something like this is, this entire conversation was absolutely hilarious, mostly because Todd forgot who he was married to for a
brief moment.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. - Jimmy gets all sentimental about Twilight too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny story! Thanks for finding us, I'll have to send Jimmy over to your blog. Your daughter is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....