Friday, July 3, 2009

Baby Shower gifts

I've been doing quite a bit of sewing this week. I made a baby lovey, and 4 nursing covers. Here's the lovey, it's for an old room-mate of mine from college who's expecting a little girl this month and was going with the theme of nursery rhythms. It's about 27"x27" and turned out, I think, very beautiful. It's the second one I've done and although it was much larger and involved then the first I did I think I'm getting the hang of it.
The back is a light blue mink fabric with star imprints, and the boarder is a pink silk, oh so soft for a baby girl :)
It was made with some of the left over scraps from the nursing cover I made her.
Here are the other three nursing covers I made, two for next weekend and one VERY overdue.
Hope the mother's to be like them!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah we fixed the comment feature, now you can leave your comment Lindsey. Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani my mom would love to have you as a daughter, a girl in our family that actually enjoys sewing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, I had no idea you were the next Martha Stewart! I don't even have any children, but I feel like placing orders so that I will not miss out on your creative genius!

    ReplyDelete

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....