Saturday, July 18, 2009

Conversing with a two year old: Part 1

Last week, Dani and I went to the temple with some friends (Richard and Kristine Low). Prior to that, Dani and I were getting dressed in our church clothes. I was combing my hair when N walks in, looks at me in my church clothes, and then turns around and closes the door.
Odd behavior--even for her. As soon as the door is closed, and she's ensured this will be a "private" conversation, she says, "Um, dad? Wha's going on?"
"Mommy and I are getting ready to go to the temple."
"Um, okay. Wha's gonna happen to me?"
"Your aunt Missy is going to watch you tonight"
"OH YEAH!!" she turns around and then tries to open the door. I help her, and she scampers off. I about cried laughing--she can barely talk!

1 comment:

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....