Monday, July 20, 2009

Positive Reinforcement

So, I think we've conditioned our child a little too well. When she prayed with us, or sat down and read scriptures, we would clap for her and tell her what a good job she was doing. Well, the tables have turned now. Whenever we pray, and we fold our arms and bow our head, she claps for us and gives us a big smile.

Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but she happened to clap for the all the prayers in church this week. Still, not so much a problem--but I don't know quite how to explain to her that, particularly with the sacrament prayers, it's more important to be reverent then to show enthusiasm.

For now, I guess I'll just enjoy the positive reinforcement N gives to anyone who prays or reads their scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I'm (still) a Mormon

I don't expect much more to ever be posted on this blog, and I'm largely just posting this to share it with some particular friends....